Aeroland leaves politics


Go to Court! 


For almost two decades that I have been in Lagos politics, the traducers in the ruling party(AD, AC, ACN, APC) have made the phrase- Go to court, their swansong to opposition party and candidates after rigging in every election cycle.


As a democrat, my interest in politics has largely been driven by the need to better the lot of our impoverished citizens. This is why I have refused to play the politics of God-fatherism. My desire to genuinely seek a true mandate from the people is the major reason why I have remained in the same party for too long despite several invitations to join a party known for imposition and impunity.


 My principles and adherence to democratic tenets and belief in our institutions have come with huge losses to my family, business and relationships. Many of my associates and supporters have been maimed, shot, killed in the course of the struggle.


I have spent several billions of Naira during campaigns and elections. Even after clearly winning those elections, I went to court to recover several mandates that the people freely gave me in 2007, 2011, 2015, 2023. Though I was no stranger to the APC shenanigans, I had thought the new electoral Act and the introduction of BVAS would stop their rigging machinery.


However, the shameful act of the APC in this last election is to say the least, disgraceful. The party's audacious move to write fake results and the subsequent announcement by Prof Solomon Akinboye on February 27, 2023 pronouncing the APC candidate as the winner of an election when collation was still on till February 28, 2023.  This electoral robbery was unprecedented in the history of electoral fraud in Nigeria.


The margin of victory was so wide that the APC couldn't cover their tracks as they were caught thumb printing ballot papers weeks after the election when we went to inspect election materials. Labour party defeated the APC with over 500,000 in the presidential election in Lagos. It is unfathomable that they foolishly allotted lesser votes for me in the Senatorial election, even when Labour party had no Senatorial candidate and both Federal elections took place simultaneously.


Undeterred, we approached the courts with stark and undeniable evidence on three prongs-

1. I won the election with lawful votes, with results from the polling units and Irev

2. Prof Solomon Akinboye announced Adebule as the winner while the election was still going on

3. The APC candidate forged academic certificates.


To our dismay, the APC lodged a suit  at the Appeal court to stop the hearing even while matter was still at the  tribunal. When the appeal refered the case back to the tribunal, things became hazy and our case was not handled on the merit of the case but rather on technicalities- that our case was filed earlier than stipulated (which is absolutely false) and was thrown out.


Our attempt to get justice has been met with great resistance from these evil forces who have stood at every point of our journey to reclaim our mandate. The recent case of our presidential candidate, Waziri Abubakar Atiku and the way the case was thrown out will do suffice.


In view of the foregoing, I would like to announce to my supporters, political associates and well-meaning Nigerians who have shared in my dream for a better society since I joined politics in 2004, that I have decided take a leave from partisan politics in order to face my business which has suffered greatly due to my involvement in politics.


My next line of action will be communicated accordingly after due consultations with my family, friends and political associates.


Meanwhile, I am using this opportunity to thank my supporters, campaign coordinators, directors, friends, family and my amiable wife who all stood by me during the last electioneering exercise. To the party faithfuls, I would be willing to offer my advice and encourage members of the PDP and other parties to unite to have a chance to unseat the ruling party at the state and national level. 


Thanks for your understanding.


Deacon Segun Adewale 

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Election in Lagos state no longer a contest but monopolistic in nature where few powerful individuals steer the wheel of democratic institution and until we get things right. Kudos to Aeroland

    ReplyDelete